- Email me. My email is email@example.com. This way we can start figuring out what your vision is of your commission, and I can give you a quote on the price.
- Reference. I need a reference photo in order to do the commission. I prefer to be able to take this photo. If for whatever reason you feel like you want your painting to be of a certain era where taking a photo is impossible, we can work together to find the best existing photo.
- I do individual portraits, almost always just head and shoulders. This is my specialty. If you feel very strongly about the idea of doing something differently, I would be happy to discuss it, but anything other than a single head-and-shoulders may not yield the results that you see on this website.
- Pricing varies. A general starting point for single head portraits is $1.25 per square inch. That means an 11x14 portrait would be about $192. I like to give discount to students and family. I can easily give you a quote though if you send an email with basic information such as:
- medium (what kind of materials I use such as oil paint, charcoal, graphite, etc.)
- size of the commission
- special requests (such as style or composition)
- date of needed completion.
- I am open to the idea of trades. I know original art can be expensive, and I want you to have a painting if you want one. Let's talk and see what we can work out.
For more information on the process and pricing, visit http://arpportraits.blogspot.com/